Brief CV Dr Abu Zahrim Yaser latest
Curriculum vitae ________________________________________
Abu Zahrim Yaser, Ph.D. (Swansea)
Abu Zahrim Yaser is Head for Waste Management Committee and a senior lecturer at
Chemical Engineering Programme, Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS). He obtained his PhD
from Swansea University (UK), MSc from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (Malaysia) and
BEng from University of Malaya (Malaysia). Dr. Zahrim’s research mainly focuses on the
integrated wastewater treatment and composting. He is a Guest Editor for Environmental
Science and Pollution Research, Springer Publication. He has been receiving various funding
from Malaysian government and international funder for the treatment of agro-based
industries wastewater. To date, Dr. Zahrim has published 6 book chapters, 27 journals and
50 ++ other publications. His paper entitled “Modelling and optimisation of coagulation of
highly concentrated industrial grade leather dye by response surface methodology” was
Chemical Engineering Journal Top Cited Papers (Elsevier). His paper, awarded as
“Treatment of highly concentrated dye solution by coagulation/flocculation-sand filtration
and nanofiltration ”, published in Water Resources and Industry (2013) is one of the most
highly cited papers during 2014, 2015 and up until June 2016. His group won Best Poster
(2nd Place) for a study entitled “Macromolecular flocculation of lignin particles” at Third
International Conference on Recycling and Reuse of Materials (ICRM 2014), India. Besides
that, he is actively involved as a reviewer for several journals. The Elsevier (UK) has
recognised him as among the Outstanding Reviewers for the Desalination journal (2010),
Industrial Crops and Products journal (2015) and Journal of Environmental Chemical
Engineering (2016). He is a visiting scientist at the University of Hull for developing anth
advanced composting process (2015). He was the secretary for the 4 International
Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering (ICCBPE 2012) and the Workshop on
Progress in Wastewater Treatment and Reuse Technology (PWTRT-2013). He received
Universiti Malaysia Sabah Excellent Service Award (2015). Dr. Zahrim is a member of
Institutions of Chemical Engineers (United Kingdom), Board of Engineers (Malaysia) andMalaysia Water Association.
INVITED TALK 1.
“Nanofiltration of Anaerobically Digested Palm Oil Mill Effluent: Flocculation as Pre-Treatment” at The 6th International Conference on Pollution and Treatment Technology, 25-27 July 2016, Suzhao, China.
“Composting Empty Fruit Bunch and Its Challenges” at Meeting of Newton Project Teams,
- – 27 August 2015 University of Hull, United Kingdom 3.
“Waste Management “ at University National Timor Leste, Timor Leste – 15 Sept 2015 4. “Composting: Science and Engineering” at Politeknik Sandakan Sabah, 28 Nov 2014.
“Overview on Sewage Overview on Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) Technology” at JKR-UMS-FS Collaboration for Sewage Treatment Excellence Workshop, 23-24 October 2014, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
“Towards Recycling of Palm Oil Mill Effluent: Coagulation/Precipitation of Anaerobically Digested Treatment” at Third International Conference on Recycling and
Palm Oil Mill Effluent as a Pre- Reuse of Materials (ICRM 2014), 11-13 April 2014, Kerala, India.
“Utilisation of anaerobically treated palm oil mill effluent for composting process” at Workshop on Progress in Wastewater Treatment and Reuse Technology 2013, 19-22 December 2013, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
“Chemically Assisted Sand Filtration for Anaerobically Treated Palm Oil Mill Effluent Treatment” at Seminar on Oil Palm: Sustainability and Challenges, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. 29th October 2013.
PUBLICATIONSSCOPUS citations: 373; SCOPUS h-index: 10 (as 4 October 2017)
Book Chapter 1.
Abu Zahrim Yaser and Nidal Hilal (2016) Treatment of dye solution via low pressure nanofiltration system. In A.F. Ismail, T. Matsuura (Editor) Membrane Technology for Water and Wastewater Treatment, Energy and Environment. CRC Press.
ISBN 9781138029019 2. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2015) An Overview on integrated anaerobically digested palm oil mill effluent (AnPOME) treatment system. In B. Musta, Khim, P. C., Leong, W.V. Yang, Y.C.
(Editor) Sustainability and Challenges of the Oil Palm Industry. Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
3. A.Y. Zahrim, T. Asis, M. A. Hashim, T. Al-Mizi, P. Ravindra (2015) A Review on the Empty Fruit Bunch Composting: Life Cycle Analysis and the Effect of Amendment (s). In. P. Ravindra (Editor) Advances in Bioprocess Technology, 3-15, Springer.
4. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2014) Current Advances in Anaerobic Digestion of Highly Concentrated Dye Effluent. In J. Fu (Editor) Dyeing: Processes, Techniques and Applications. Nova Publisher, pp. 217-227.
5. Yaser, A.Z., Nurmin, B., and Rosalam, S. (2013) Coagulation/Flocculation of Anaerobically Treated Palm Oil Mill Effluent (AnPOME): A Review. In: P. Ravindra, A. Bono & C. C. Ming (Editors) Developments in Sustainable Chemical and Bioprocess Technology. Springer. ISBN: 978-1-4614-6207-1 (Print) 978-1-4614-6208-8 (Online), pp.3-9 6. Rakmi Abd Rahman, Nor Zaini Md Nor, Abu Zahrim Yaser and Zalina Haris Ahmad (2004)
Chemibiological treatment of difficult wastewater: Case study on tanning wastewater. In: Z.Ujang & M. Henze (Editors) Environmental Biotechnology: Advancement in Water and Wastewater in the Tropics. International Water Association Publishing. ISBN 1843395037. pp.
1. Abu Zahrim Yaser and Ravindra Pogaku (2017) Editorial - Recent trends for the removal of colored particles in industrial wastewaters. Environmental Science and Pollution Research.
Volume 24, Issue 19, pp 15861 –15862 2. Tamrin, K.F. , Zahrim, A.Y. (2017) Determination of optimum polymeric coagulant in palm oil mill effluent coagulation using multiple-objective optimisation on the basis of ratio analysis
- –15869. (MOORA). Environmental Science and Pollution Research 24(19), pp 15863 3.
A.Y. Zahrim, Z.D. Dexter, J.G. Collin, N. Hilal (2017) Effective coagulation-flocculation treatment of highly polluted palm oil mill biogas plant wastewater using dual coagulants: Decolourisation, kinetics and phytotoxicity studies. Journal of Water Process Engineering 16, pp. 258-269.
4. T. Asis, A.Y. Zahrim and K. Assis (2017) Analisis prestasi proses pengkomposan sisa industri sawit dalam skala industri bagi jangka masa 3 tahun. Sains Malaysiana 46 (8), 1201-1210.
5. A.Y. Zahrim, L. N. S. Ricky, N. Hilal and K.F. Tamrin (2017) Ammonia-Nitrogen Recovery from Synthetic Solution Using Agricultural Waste Fibers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology 10(6), pp. 1-4. (ISI) 6. Bolong, N., Saad, I., Makinda, J., Yaser, A.Z., Abdullah, M.H., Ismail, A.F. (2016) Influence of oil palm empty fruit bunch (OPEFB) agro-waste properties as filtration medium to improve urban stormwater. Jurnal Teknologi Volume 78, Issue 8, August 2016, 39-46.
7. A.Y. Zahrim, P.S. Leong, S.R. Ayisah, J. Janaun ,K.P. Chong, F.M. Cooke, S.K. Haywood, (2016)Composting paper and grass clippings with anaerobically treated palm oil mill effluent.
International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture 5 (3), 221-230.
/ﬂocculation of lignin aqueous 8. Coagulation
A.Y. Zahrim, A. Nasimah and N. Hilal (2015) solution in single stage mixing tank system: Modeling and optimization by response surface methodology. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 3, 2145-2154.
9. A. Y. Zahrim, A. Nasimah, S. Rosalam (2014) Lignin Removal from Aqueous Solution Using Calcium Lactate: The Effect of Polymers and Magnesium Hydroxide As A Flocculant Aids. ASEAN Journal of Chemical Engineering 14(2), 19-27.
10. A.Y. Zahrim, A. Nasimah and N. Hilal (2014) Pollutants Analysis during Conventional Palm Oil Mill Effluent (POME) Ponding System and Decolourisation of Anaerobically Treated POME via Calcium Lactate-Polyacrylamide. Journal of Water Process Engineering 4, 159-165.
11. A.Y. Zahrim (2014) Palm Oil Mill Biogas Producing Process Effluent Treatment: A Short Review.
Journal of Applied Sciences Volume 14, Number 23, 3149-3155.
12. A.Y. Zahrim, Chu Chi Ming and Rosalam Sarbatly (2014) Report on the Workshop on Progress
- – 22nd December in Wastewater Treatment and Reuse Technology (PWTRT-2013) on 19th 2013. Current Environmental Engineering 1(1), 59.
13. A.Y. Zahrim and R. Mariani (2014) Diluted Biologically Digested Palm Oil Mill Effluent as a Nutrient Source for Eichornia Crassipes . Current Environmental Engineering 1(1), 45-50.
14. Current Review on the Abu Zahrim Yaser, Cassey TL, Hairul MA and Shazwan AS (2014)
Coagulation/Flocculation of Lignin Containing Wastewater. International Journal of Waste Resources 4, 1-6.
15. Zahrim, A. Y., Hilal, N. (2013) Treatment of highly concentrated dye solution by
coagulation/flocculation-sand filtration and nanofiltration. Water Resources and Industry 3, 23-34 .[Top cited articles in Water Resources and Industry, Elsevier from 25 Feb
2016-] ., Hilal, N. and Tizaoui, C. (2013) Tubular nanoﬁltration of highly concentrated C.I.
16. Zahrim, A. Y [
Acid Black 210 dye. Water Science and Technology, 67, 901-906. Top 20 Articles, in the
Domain of Article 23306271, Since 2013 – BioMed-Lib] 17.
Zahrim, A.Y., Tizaoui, C. and Hilal, N. (2011) Removal of highly concentrated industrial grade leather dye: Study on several flocculation and sand filtration parameters. Separation Science and Technology 46, 883-892.
18. Khayet, M., Zahrim, A.Y., and Hilal, N. (2011) Modelling and optimisation of coagulation of highly concentrated industrial grade leather dye by response surface methodology. Chemical Engineering Journal 167, 77-83.
19. Zahrim, A.Y., Tizaoui, C. and Hilal, N. (2011) Coagulation with polymers for nanofiltration pre- treatment of highly concentrated dyes: A review. Desalination 266 (1-3), 1-16.
20. Zahrim, A.Y., Tizaoui, C. and Hilal, N. (2010) Evaluation of several commercial synthetic polymers as flocculant aids for removal of highly concentrated C.I. Acid Black 210 dye. Journal of Hazardous Material 182 (1-3), 624-630.
Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 206 012078
9. A.Y. Zahrim, L.N.S. Ricky, Y. Shahril, S. Rosalam, B. Nurmin , A.M. Harun, I. Azreen (2015) Partly Decomposed Empty Fruit Bunch Fiber as a Potential Adsorbent for Ammonia- Nitrogen from Urban Drainage Water. In: Hassan, R., Yusoff, M., Alisibramulisi, A., Mohd Amin, N., Ismail, Z. (Eds.) InCIEC 2014 - Proceedings of the International Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Conference 2014. Springer Singapore.
IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 36 012025.
8. A. Y. Zahrim, Z. D. Dexter (2015) Decolourisation of palm oil mill biogas plant wastewater using Poly-Diallyldimethyl Ammonium Chloride (polyDADMAC) and other chemical coagulants.
7. A.Y. Zahrim, Y. Lija, L.N.S. Ricky, I.Azreen (2015) Fruit waste adsorbent for ammonia nitrogen removal from synthetic solution: Isotherms and kinetics. IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 36 012028.
6. Z. D. Dexter, C. G. Joseph, A. Y. Zahrim (2015) A review on palm oil mill biogas plant wastewater treatment using coagulation-ozonation. IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 36 012029.
I. Azreen, Y.Lija, L.N.S. Ricky, Phui Yhin Lee, B. Noor Shilah, G. Norizah, A.Y. Zahrim (2015) Adsorption study of Ammonia Nitrogen by watermelon rind. IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 36 012020.
4. L. N. S Ricky, Y. Shahril, B. Nurmin, A.Y. Zahrim (2016) Ammonia-nitrogen removal from urban drainage using modified fresh empty fruit bunches: A case study in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 36 012055 5.
3. J Janaun, P M Lim, W S Balan, A Z Yaser and K P Chong (2017) Synthesis of Biodiesel in Batch and Packed-Bed Reactors Using Powdered and Granular Sugar Catalyst. IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 206 012015
2. I Azreen, A Y Zahrim, S H Chong and S W Ng (2017) Estimation of Melanoidin concentration in palm oil mill effluent ponding system and its treatment using Calcium Lactate. IOP Conf.
21. Zahrim, A.Y. and Asis, T. (2010) Production of Non-Shredded Empty Fruit Bunch Semi- Compost. The Journal of the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (Special Issue for Agricultural and Food Engineering), 71 (4), 11-17.
1. Azreen, I., Y. Lija and A. Y. Zahrim (2017) Ammonia nitrogen removal from aqueous solution by local agricultural wastes. IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 206 012077
27. Rakmi A.R., Abu-Zahrim, Y., and Azizah, A.B (2006) Biological removal of chloroorganics from water and wastewater. JURUTERA 1, 6-7.
26. Zahrim A.Y., Rakmi, A.R. and Kalil, M.S. (2007) Sludge composting: A case study on Palm Oil Mill Sludge (POMS). ASEAN Journal of Chemical Engineering 7 (2), 102-107.
25. Abu Zahrim Yaser, Rakmi Abd Rahman and Mohd Sahaid Kalil (2007) Co-composting of Palm Oil Mill Sludge-Sawdust. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 10 (24), 4473-4478.
24. Zahrim A.Y, Melissa L. Gilbert and Jidon Janaun (2007) Treatment of Pulp and paper using photo- Fenton’s Process. Journal of Applied Science 7 (15), 2164-2167.
23. Rakmi Abd-Rahman, Zahrim A.Y. and Azizah Abu-Bakar (2007) Choroorganics in Papermill Effluent: Identification and Removal by SBBR. Journal of Applied Science 7 (15), 2160-2163.
22. Zahrim, A.Y., Rachel, F.M., Menaka, S., Su, S.Y., Melvin, F. and Chan, E.S. (2009) Decolourisation of Anaerobic Palm Oil Mill Effluent via Activated Sludge-Granular Activated Carbon. World Applied Sciences Journal 5 (Special Issue for Environment), 126-129.
10. Azreen Ibrahim, Abu Zahrim Yaser, Chong Soon Hing, Ng Swea Chwen (2014) Melanoidin Analysis In Conventional Palm Oil Mill Effluent Ponding System And Its Removal Using Calcium
Lactate. Proceeding of 27th Symposium of Malaysia Analytical Sciences, Johor Bahru, 9-10 December 2014.
11. A.Y. Zahrim, A.H. Hillery, I.I. Yasmi, A. Nasimah, B. Nurmin and S. Rosalam (2014) Towards recycling of palm oil mill effluent: coagulation/precipitation of anaerobically digested palm oil mill effluent as a pre-treatment. Proceeding of Third International Conference on Recycling and Reuse of Materials (ICRM 2014), Kottayam, Kerala, India.
12. A.Y. Zahrim, T.L. Cassey, M.A. Hairul, A.S. Shazwan, A. Nasimah, I. Azreen, B. Nurmin, S.
Rosalam (2014) Macromolecular flocculation of lignin particles. Proceeding of Third International Conference on Recycling and Reuse of Materials (ICRM 2014), Kottayam, Kerala, India. Poster presentation.
13. A n overview on integrated anaerobically digested palm oil mill effluent Zahrim, A. Y (2013)
(AnPOME) treatment system. Proceeding of Seminar on Oil Palm: Sustainability and Challenges, th Kota Kinabalu. 29 October 2013.
14. Zahrim, A. Y., Hilal, N. (2013) Treatment of Dye Solution via Low Pressure Nanofiltration System. 11th International Conference on Membrane Science and Technology 2013. Kuala th Lumpur. 27-29 August 2013.
15. Rosdianah Ramli, Nurmin Bolong, Abu Zahrim Yaser (2012) Review on the Factors Affecting Ultrafiltration Hollow Finer Membrane Operational Performance in Water Treatment. 10th Seminar Sains and Teknologi 2012, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
16. Zahrim A.Y., Fansuri, M., Nurmin, B., Rosalam, S. (2012) A Review on the Decolourisation of Anaerobically Treated Palm Oil Mill Effluent (AnPOME). Proceeding of 4th International th Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering cum 26 Symposium of Malaysia Chemical Engineers, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
17. Zahrim, A.Y., Tizaoui, C. and Hilal, N. (2012) Tubular Nanofiltration of Highly Concentrated C.I.
Acid Black 210 Dye. Proceeding of IWA Regional Conference on Wastewater Purification and Reuse, 28-30 March 2012, Crete, Greece.
18. Zahrim A.Y., Rachel F.M. and Chan E.S. (2009) Removal of Colour and Phosphorus using Activated Sludge-Powdered Activated Carbon (ASPAC), Proceeding of 2nd Seminar of Engineering and Information Technology, 8-9 July 2009, Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
19. Mansa, R.F., Sivasangaralingam, M., Yiiun, S.S., Zahrim A.Y. and Chan E.S. (2008). Treatment of Palm oil ill effluent (POME) via activated sludge immobilised in powder and granular activated carbon- sequencing batch bioreactor. Proceeding of International Conference on Environment 2008, 15-17 December 2008, Penang.
20. Zahrim AY, Chan ES and Rakmi AR (2008) Palm Oil Mill Effluent Treatment via Immobilised th Microorganisms Process. Proceedings of 6 Seminar on Water Management (JSPS-VCC), 17-18 July 2008. Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
21. Zahrim, A.Y., Chan E. S, Ravindra, P., Moh, P.Y. and Jing, A.W. (2007) Decolourisation of Palm Oil Mill Effluent via Immobilised Cell: A Preliminary Investigation. Seminar on Science and Technology, 27 October 2007, Sabah, Malaysia 22. Zahrim AY, Ipor, I., and Subbarao, D. (2007) Engineered water hyacinth system wastewater treatment. Proceedings of International Conference on Biotechnology Engineering 2007. 8-10 May
2007, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pg 505-513.
23. Abu Zahrim Yaser, Rakmi Abd Rahman and Mohd Sahaid Kalil (2006) Passive aerated nd Composting of Palm Oil Mill Sludge. Proceeding of 2 Southeast Asian Natural Resources and Environmental Management (SANREM) Conference, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, 21-23 November 2006, pg 30-34.
24. Abu Zahrim Yaser, Rakmi Abd Rahman and Mohd Sahaid Kalil (2005) Performance of Palm Oil Mill Sludge (POMS) composting with Addition of Sawdust. Proceeding of Regional Symposium on th nd Chemical Engineering, Vietnam, 30 Nov- 2 Dec 2005. pg 268-274.
25. Rakmi Abd-Rahman, Abu Bakar Mohamad, Abdul Amir Hassan Khadum, Abu Zahrim Yaser, Chia Sheau Khong and Azizah Abu-Bakar (2005) AOX in Papermill wastewater: Identification and Removal by SBBR. International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering, Malaysia, th th 8 -10 Dec 2005
26. Abu Zahrim Yaser, Melissa L. Gilbert and Jidon Janaun (2005) Treatment of Pulp and paper Using photo- Fenton’s Process. International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering, Malaysia, 8 th -10 th Dec 2005 27. Abu Zahrim Yaser, Melissa L. Gilbert and Jidon Janaun (2005) Removal of BOD 3 and TSS from pulp and paper mill wastewater using photo-
Abu Zaher Yaser & Abu Zahrim Yaser (2016) Kaedah Pemasangan Paip Minyak di Platform Minyak. Dewan Kosmik Julai.
10. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2009) Pencelup warna sintetik: Pembunuh senyap?. Dewan Kosmik Mei, pg 50-51.
9. Zahrim A.Y. (2009) Wastewater Reuse for Water Crisis. National Chemical Engineering Symposium Magazine (NACES 2009), Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Dewan Kosmik Julai, pg 44-45.
8. Abu Zahrim Yaser dan Abu Zaher Yaser (2010) Air sisa bewarna, Teori gajah dan Polimer.
7. Abu Zahrim Yaser and Abu Zaher Yaser (2011) Teknologi cacing merawat sisa industri. Dewan Kosmik Januari, pg 41-43.
6. Abu Zahrim Yaser and Abu Zaher Yaser (2011) Industri kulit dan krisis air. Dewan Kosmik Ogos, pg 41-43.
5. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2012) Perawatan air yang terbaik. Dewan Kosmik Julai, pg 54-55.
Arab Water World, XXXVI, pg 9-11.
4. Zahrim A.Y. and Hilal, N. (2013) Nanofiltration Technology: Solution to treat coloured effluents.
Abu Zahrim Yaser (2013) Teknik perosotan anaerobik rawat sisa industri. Dewan Kosmik, September, pg. 44-47.
2. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2015) Kompos Rawatan Air Sisa. Dewan Kosmik Disember 2015. Pg 29-31 3.
Fenton’s Process. Seminar on Science and Technology, 14-15 th Sept 2005, Malaysia (In press) 28. Abu Zahrim Yaser, Melissa L. Gilbert, Jidon Janaun and Rakmi Abd Rahman (2005) Fenton’s
35. Rakmi Abd Rahman, Abu Zahrim Yaser and Nor Zaini Md Nor (2001) Penyahwarnaan air sisa kompleks bewarna menggunakan proses fiziokimia. Kolokium Jabatan Kejuruteraan Kimia dan Proses 2001
Program on Environmental Science, Engineering & Ethics, 8-9 Oct. 2001, UMS, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, pg 96-101.
34. Abdul-Rahman R., Tsunno H., Md-Noor N. Z. and Abu Zahrim Yaser, Chemibiological Treatment of Coloured Wastewater, Proceedings of Water Resources Management Seminar, JSPS-VCC
TH SYMPOSIUM OF MALAYSIAN CHEMICAL ENGINEERS. September 11-12, JOHOR BAHRU. pg. 368-371.
33. Rakmi Abd Rahman, Nor Zaini Md Nor and Abu Zahrim Yaser (2001) Polishing of chemically treated coloured effluent in a biological SBR. In PROCEEDINGS OF THE 15
PROCEEDINGS OF THE 15 TH SYMPOSIUM OF MALAYSIAN CHEMICAL ENGINEERS, September 11-12, Johor Bahru, pg. 353-357.
, hlmn 63-75. ISBN 983-2446-76-7 32. Rakmi Abd Rahman, Abu Zahrim Yaser and Nor Zaini Md Nor (2001) Chemical oxidation of tanning wastewater. In
Pascasidang kolokium Jabatan Kejuruteraan Kimia dan Proses
30. Rakmi Abd. Rahman, Mohd. Sahaid Kalil and Abu Zahrim Yaser (2003) Composting palm oil mill sludge-sawdust: Effect of different amount of sawdust. Proceedings of National Workshop in Conjunction with ARRPET Workshop on wastewater Treatment and Recycling 2: Removal Chloroorganics and Heavy Metals. ISBN 983-2982-04-9 31. Rakmi Abd. Rahman and Abu Zahrim Yaser (2002) Pengkomposan enapcemar dari loji rawatan air sisa industri. In: Ayub Md. Som et al.
29. Rakmi Abd Rahman, Nor Zaini Md Nor, Abu Zahrim Yaser and Zalina Haris Ahmad (2004) Chemibiological treatment of difficult wastewater: Case study on tanning wastewater. Proceeding of IWA Conference on Environmental Biotechnology , 9-10 December 2003 . pg. 61
Process assisted with UV-light for Pulp and Paper Mill wastewater treatment: a preliminary studies. Proceeding of ARRPET National Workshop IV, 11 August 2005, Malaysia (In press)
11. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2009) Kompos; Media penanaman dan penurasan biologi. Dewan Kosmik Februari, pg 38-40.
12. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2008) Pengkomposan enap cemar. Dewan Kosmik, April 2008, pg 36-37
13. Abu Zahrim Yaser (2008) Pekerja-pekerja seni dalam enap cemar. Dewan Kosmik, Jun 2008, pg 41-42
(2008) Pesona kediaman “Pekerja-pekerja seni”. Dewan Kosmik, Julai
14. Abu Zahrim Yaser 2008, pg 41-42
15. Rakmi A.R., Abu-Zahrim, Y., Azizah, A.B. and Chia S.K.(2004) Removal of recalcitrant organic (PCP) using GAC-SBBR system. Presented at ARRPET combined Regional Workshop for Wastewater and Hazardous Waste, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, April 14-2 2004.
16. Rakmi Abd. Rahman, Mohd. Sahaid Kalil, Norhisham Tan Kofli, Abu Zahrim Yaser, and Ezahtulsyahreen Ab-Rahman (2003) Biochemical production of chemicals and useful materials from palm oil and POME. Seminar kerjasama UKM-MPOB 29 January 2004 .
17. Rakmi Abd Rahman, Abu Zahrim Yaser, Khor M.C. and Chia S.K. (2001) Biodegradation of industrial wastewter and river water pollutants using activated carbon-biofilm. HWTM
NEWSLETTER , December 2001, Vol 1, No. 1, pg. 5-6.
18. Rakmi Abd Rahman, Nor Zaini Md Nor and Abu Zahrim Yaser (2002) Chemibiological treatment of tanning wastwater. HWTM NEWSLETTER , August 2002, Vol 2, No. 2, pg. 5-6.
19. Rakmi Abd Rahman, A. Z. Bakar, Abu Zahrim Yaser, Chia S.K. and Norazwina Zainol (2002)
HWTM NEWSLETTER Biodegradation of chloroorganics. , December 2002, Vol 4, No. 2, pg. 4-5.