CHAPTER 4. EXPECTED CONDITIONS
The target of forestry development in 2009 is expected in line with the national development target of “Unity Indonesia Cabinet” such as 6.6 of economic growthyear,
empowering development of the riel sector, revitalization of agricultural sector include forestry and fishery, and empowerment of economic communities. Those developments
concern to overcome the national priority problems that are poverty reduction, labour absorbtion, improvement of invesment and export, law enforcement, and combating
corruption, and these can be achieved through several targets as follow:
A. Improvement of living quality and welfare of the people by establishing Watersheds Management System which provides
sustainability of water preservation for whole sectors.
These target can be achieved by :
1. Preparation of macros data such as forest cover, forest resources potential timber and non timber, forest resources balance, in which packaged spatial and non spatial
form, and accessible for public; 2. Forest area designation and marine conservation are issued by the Minister of
Forestry throughout Indonesia; 3. Forests and land rehabilitation in the 282 priority Watersheds for 5.0 million hectare
with proportioning 60 within the forest, and 40 outside the forest; 4. Establishment of civil technic construstion that established in the representative
location of the 282 priority Watersheds for controlling flood, erosion, sedimentation, and landslide.
B. Improvement of community access on productive resources and capitals, diversification of community economics, and involvement of
These target can be achieved by : 1. Development of forest plantation increases the labour absorption by 7 each year;
2. Land and forest rahabilitation within 282 priority Watersheds is fully provided by stakeholders, and absorps labour by 10;
3. Development of 20 National Park models increases the labour absorption and community income by 5;
4. Management of 200 conservation area will absorp the local labours; 5. Commercial endanger-species breeding is developed;
6. Development of utilization of flora, fauna, and environmental services increases the labour absorption by 4;
7. Improvement of research and technology increases participation and forestry bussiness by 4, and the research results are accessible by public;
8. Community and plantation forest are improved by 500,000.00 hectare with production of 40 m3hectare.
9. Involvement of people in the development of community and plantation forest are increased by 3 per year, and local-community welfare by 4;
10. Sustainable and commercial utilization of NTFP is increased by 3 per year, and it able to increase absorption of the local-labour by 3;
11. Community-based forest management is achieved and improved in the several provinces such as Bengkulu, Lampung, Yogyakarta, West Nusatenggara, East
Nusatenggara, West kalimantan, Central Kalimantan, South Kalimantan, Southeast Sulawesi, ans South Sulawesi;
12. Community-base forest management is able to increase absorption of the local- labour by 3, and local-community welfare by 4;
13. Improvement of primary-industry is able to increase utilzation of raw materials efficiently, and labour absorption by 9;
14. Law and regulation of forestry is available and rightful completely; 15. Information of forestry development is objective and sustainable, and provided by
apropiate data, and its presented continously to the stakeholders at the nasional and global level.
C. Realisation of forestry governance, enhancement of combatting corruptions, improvement of public services; protection and
prevention of forest fire and illegal logging, and protection of natural disaster.
These target can be achieved by : 1
Decentralisation on forestry developmentis is achieved and supported by stakeholders for increasing community welfare and supporting forest resources
2. Forestry communities in the whole level are established, and they aware and involve in the forestry developments;
3. Stipulation of 12 million hectare forest area, by emphasizing to the conservation forest, and other legitimated forest areas;
4. Seed orchards of forest plants are established for 4,500 hectare throughout 12 province;
5. Forests plantation area is improved by 5 million hectare with production of 100m3 per hectare, and labour absorption increased by 7;
6. No more leaking out of non-tax revenue of forestry, and the non-tax revenue of wood is increased by 10;
7. Information and early-warning detection of forest fire is implemented, and also prevention and extinguished of forest fires in the community level is run efectively;
8. Law enforcement in the forestry sector is properly implemented clearly, fairly, and transparance;
9. Curbing illegal logging is fully supported by stakeholders, in order to improve labour absoption and community welfare;
10. Financial support for forestry development is appropriate in accordance with priority activities, time frame, and alocation;
11. Implementation of forestry development is integrated and coordinated on each regional level;
12. Organization and its adminstration of forestry in the central and provincedistrict level is run effective and responsive in line with development requirement;
13. Corruption, colussion, nepotisme, and other unexpected attitude of forestry apparatus decline significantly.
D. Gross Domestic Product GDP of forestry increases by 2.1 in order to support economic growth from agriculture side include fishery
These target can be achieved by : 1. Non Tax Revenue of forestry from utilization of wildlife and environmental services
is increased by 3; 2. Result of research and development on forestry is able to improve productivity of
forestry by 5; 3. Production of forest industry is increased by 10 and competitive in global market;
4. Standardization of forest product and forestry services of Indonesia are accepted in the global level.
CHAPTER 5. PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION